Mostly contain my own notes.

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Abu Garcia Cardinal 300


This is the reel that was responsible to hook me up onto fishing. Received it as a gift, like it, love it and has been with me in most of my fishing occassion. There are a lot of likeable features on this reel. Abu Garcia had built this reel with a lot of thought and plant with a lot of emotion element onto the design. Here is what I meant:
1. The spool is made from aluminum and have 'drill' hole around it, which
make it light.
2. Abu is giving 7 ball bearing for undeniably smoothness for its size.
3. Wooden handle design, which give it class and attitude
4. Spare spool were not forgoten.
5. Reasonably priced.
I tend to be much more optimistic when talking about this reel. Bare in mind, this is my first reel ever. There are minor dissatisfaction, but it does not bother me at all.
1. Abu no longer giving embossed plate for the brand mark.
2. The golden color chip-off after some time.
Despite it small size, I had it spooled with 20 lb braided Power Pro line. It is a bit too much for its ability, but I just like to have it because I often visited paid pond with this reel. I even took it on boat fishing and match it with light duty rod. Do not be mistaken, this reel's resume was quite ok, there were a lot of barramundi from 2lb to 7lb, 7lb carps and lots and lots of shore fish.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi, I want to ask if this reel version also have 5 bearing, because my father used to have one, abu garcia cardinal 300u... what is the max drag for this reel??