Mostly contain my own notes.

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Latest collection: Shimano Exage STC


I have a few rods in my collection including a custom rod. Majority of my rods are 1 piece. 1 piece rod might be the best for fishing, perfect bend,smooth load distribution and all but it lack most on the travelling convenience. Had my eye on Shimano's STC (Shimano Travelling Concept) but not quite bought the idea. How would I equalized 1 pc rod perfomance to 5pc. Until I went to a tackle shop in Norwich and have a closer look. Great rod! Even with its tiny diameter, I could still feel the power.The load seems nicely distributed. Thumbs up for Shimano. I waited for the sales and managed to get a good bargain in the end. Mine is 5 piece interchangeable 7ft & 8 ft in length. The only set back is I don't think it is not equipped with SIC Fuji Guide. For all that worth, I think what they give is still decent. This rod come with its nice black, cloth covered hard cylinder case. It is about 2 ft long and it fit nicely in my baggage.
Often when I went travelling before, I had missed the opportunity to fish.it is hard to get 6 ft rod on a plane and carry it around. What is the point of having just a multi-piece rod that are not going to perform. I am sure that I made the right choice of purchasing this one. I might have to let go 1 or 2 of my rod to recover the money. At this point, I am not bothered. I am waiting for the cold weather to ease a bit. I will have this rod to test then. I am sure that I would have a nice thing to write about it.

Tips for today: Get yourself a travelling set or you will miss great opportunity to fish.

0 comments: